Nowadays collection of trash is based on a scheduled route, but this can cause unnecessary costs and utilization of equipment. Which in the end can have negative effects on the environment? Many times, containers that are nearly empty are collected during the routinely routes while ones that are overflowing may not be even cleaned that day.
Solution “Quamtra” allows the city to know the level of waste within a container. Quamtra helps optimize routes and time by constantly monitoring the level of waste within each container, sending the information to the program that notifies us which containers need to be picked up.
Quamtra Smart Waste Management is the ideal solution for cities looking to adapt the collection of solid urban waste to meet residents’ needs. The solution moves municipalities away from a reactive, static collection model based on historical values towards a more proactive and innovative method. Quamtra measures and transmits the status or fill level of each garbage bin, allowing for more efficient planning by only collecting full or nearly full bins.
Wellness’ expertise, their knowledge and their background working with more than 35 types of containers, in different settings ... make Wellness unique as partners in any waste management project. Their tool and product offers a very wide and precise degree of parameterization. One of the characteristics that differentiates us the most is that we have the knowledge for the optimal exploitation of that information collected from sensors or any kind of related data. . Lastly, they would highlight their versatility and ability to adapt to any scenario, measurement environment ...
- The allocation of resources to meet the evolving needs of citizens.
- Optimal collection routes planned in advance.
- Improved responsiveness to unexpected seasonal variations.
- A reduction in the operating costs associated with collection.
- Lowered costs of preventative and corrective maintenance on collection trucks.
- A decrease in costs from civil liability.
- A reduction in gas emissions into the atmosphere.
- Traffic decongestion.
- Cleaner cities.
- Cleaner streets and sidewalks.
- Less need for street cleaning services.
An involved and committed city:
- Happier citizens more satisfied with city management.
- The empowerment of collection workers through more efficient work.
- Increased involvement of citizens in the maintenance of a clean city.
- They have been deployed to sense and monitor all types of materials, from solid to liquid: water, textiles, glass, waste oil, lubricants… However, these devices are far beyond than a simple level sensor: the ultrasonic level detector enables to know the fill-level of the tank in real-time; GPS mounted provides its location; temperature and motion sensors detect any vandalistic evidence, such as fire, shaking, beating or unexpected movement.
- Manufactured in Polyamide with IP67 certification enclosure rating, these sensors have been designed to withstand blows and the worst thermal situations. Easy installation by rivets or self-tapping screws.
- High quality lithium battery cell with more than 10 years’ lifetime. Memory inside with capacity of 12 records that can be extracted in case of fault.
- Can be connected to most advanced and extended IOT or cellular networks. These technologies include different mechanism that improve the signal broadcasting. Hence, the connected devices can reach higher communication ranges with low power consumption and better deep indoor penetration. Payload and network communication are encrypted on different levels to avoid hacking attacks.
- The use of this devices in Waste collection management enables to dynamically route your fleets, optimize routes, detailed KPI reports, decrease vandalism incidents, and improve business save strategy through our cloud-base monitoring and data analytics platform Quamtra Manager. The solution is currently tested and compatible with most network server in market.
More details and pictures of the WeLight and Quamtra solutions
ALE - Wellness Joint offering for Smart City solution