Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust implemented a reliable centrally-managed wireless solution to support hospital staff and deliver outstanding patient care.
- Country: United Kingdom
- Industry: Healthcare
- Solution: Mobile Communications
Business Partner: Khipu Networks Ltd
Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust (KMPT) is one of the larger mental health trusts in the UK providing mental health, learning disability and substance misuse services. KMPT covers an area of 1,450 sq miles and serves 1.7 million people across Kent and Medway. The Trust employs 3318 staff and 228 seconded staff.
- OmniVista 3600 delivers simplified management, with active monitoring and alarming, as well as centralized administration of the network.
- The WiFi network offers reliable connectivity across each of the Trust’s 28 sites and 57 buildings and is completely compatible with the existing IT infrastructure.
- 802.11ac Wave 2 Wi-Fi solution greatly improves performance and reduces the load in the 2.4GHz spectrum.
- The financially advantageous solution offers a high cost-to-innovation ratio and superior functionalities.
- The network supports KMPT’s partnerships with other NHS, Public Sector and Private Organizations.
- Organization-wide WiFi connectivity supports delivery of a high quality and dynamic system of care to provide the best possible outcomes.
- Staff can use VoIP and multiple WiFi enabled devices over a high performing, high capacity and pervasive wireless network to access critical information and apps 24/7.
- Users can connect up to 4 devices to the network that supports multimedia traffic, including video and voice, to enable better communications and mobility.
- The authentication process for guests and employees is simple on all devices and across all operating systems.