Sao Paulo International Airport created a more efficient operations system, and better passenger services, by implementing an IP-based voice infrastructure.
- Country: Brazil
- Industry: Transportation
- Solution: Business Telephony, Autonomous Network
Established in 1985 as a state-owned facility, São Paulo International Airport is one of the major airports in Latin America and the largest in Brazil.
- 8 Series IP Touch Phones
- OmniAccess Wireless Access Points
- OmniPCX Enterprise Communication Server
- Business Telephony
- Mobile Campus
- The complete, integrated network delivered by Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise provides full support for GRU Airport’s vision of an all IP-based voice network environment
- The single voice network solution provides high quality anywhere, anytime access to advanced IP-based voice, messaging, and conference services for any user
- The Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise infrastructure has reduced capital investment requirements by eliminating the need for a remove and replace upgrade and for multiple networks. It has reduced network management costs and is projected to save the airport authority as much as 20 % in maintenance costs per year because there is only one network to manage
- The solution has provided a robust, reliable network that can easily handle the current volume of users and traffic. It also provides all the required functionality, and can be easily scaled as needs change