The new infrastructure has helped them to reduce costs and allows greater flexibility in their day-to-day operations.
- Country: United States Of America
- Industry: Energy & Utilities
- Solution: Business Telephony, Autonomous Network
SMC Electric Supply (SMC) is a family-owned corporation headquartered in Springfield, Missouri, working from 14 locations across Missouri and Kansas. They deployed WiFi access points in all the locations and a VoIP phone system using a single server to connect all its offices. They can now receive calls from customers even when out of the office.
- 8 Series IP Touch Phones
- OmniAccess Wireless Access Points
- OmniSwitch 6450
- OmniSwitch 6900
- OmniTouch 8118/8128 WLAN Handset
- OpenTouch Business Edition
- Business Telephony
- Converged Campus Network
- All locations now have WiFi access points working autonomously, as well as a VoIP phone system that allows calls to run through a single server.
- Two WLAN switches manage voice and data WiFi traffic; the system is connected to portable devices in the warehouses (e.g. handheld barcode scanners).
- Disaster recovery mode allows applications to keep running if there is a crisis, helping to avoid backlog and communication problems.
- All communications costs, including long-distance calls, have been eliminated as all calls are now go over IP.
- Customer drop-off rate is significantly lower now that all calls are answered, helping to generate more revenue.
- SMC employees can now connect to WiFi, which allows greater flexibility to run meetings, call customers, and invite guests from any location.
- A robust system that delivers clear call quality enables SMC to provide a better service to its customers.