The State College Area School District chose to upgrade their system with this trusted partner because the proposed solution fully answered their advanced technical requirements.
- Country: United States Of America
- Industry: Education
- Solution: Mobile Campus
Situated in the heart of Pennsylvania, State College Area School District (SCASD) is spread over 12 campuses, educating approximately 6900 students with close to 1350 faculty and administrative staff.
Computer technology is integrated in the core curriculum at all school levels with sixty-six competencies.
Students and teachers regularly sweep technology education awards at regional, state, and national competitions.
The State College Area School District has been using Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise’s technology and services for the past 8 years.
OmniSwitch 6900 Stackable LAN Switch
OmniSwitch 6450 Stackable LAN Switch
OmniVista 2500 Network Management System
OmniVista 3600 Air Manager
OmniAccess WLAN Controllers 4504XM
OmniAccess WLAN Access Points
- Mobile Campus
- The steady implementation of 1g LAN and 10g aggregation provides the support for widespread wireless coverage for students and staff, enabling improved access to resources, regardless of location or device.
- Full inter-campus video-on-demand allows staff to host conferences and share information effortlessly via the modified IP technology.
- The solution enables new maintenance jobs to be requested on the move, enabling health and safety issues to be addressed as they arise and eliminating potential expenses.
- Thanks to this new technology, students and staff can now use the latest digital services to advance in e-learning and maintain communication across campuses.