Providing better student services with a secure, stable and reliable network.
- Country: Brazil
- Industry: Education
- Solution: Autonomous Network
UNICAMP is considered one of the best universities in Brazil and a leader in research and patent development. The Chemistry Institute within UNICAMP has around 500 students and 85 staff. Since its founding, the institute has produced more than 1,800 masters and PhDs and published around 5,700 articles in scientific magazines. It is one of the largest institutes in the university with more than 10 buildings in an area of 32,000 square meters.
- Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch® 6450 Stackable Gigabit Ethernet LAN Switch
- Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch® 6850 Stackable LAN Switch
- Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch® 6860E Stackable LAN Switch
- Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch® 6900-X20/X72 Stackable LAN Switch
- Alcatel-Lucent OmniVista® 2500 Network Management System
User Experience Benefits:
- The network performance improved substantially. Now downtimes are for maintenance purposes only. Students and researchers can quickly access articles and research material anytime. Chemical analysis equipment connected to the network, like mass spectrometers, crystal analysis, etc., is used by students and researchers with the speed and quality that is expected.
- At CI-U research is done 24/7. The stability and reliability provided by the OmniSwitches considerably relieved the workload on IT. Thanks to OmniVista, it’s possible to centrally manage the entire network, simplifying daily IT operations. The OmniSwitch 6900 in virtual chassis mode cost less, uses less space and saves energy compared to a traditional chassis. It also delivers better performance.
- Lower support cost: the savings from the previous equipment support costs was enough to pay for the new OmniSwitch 6900 core switches. ALE offers high quality products at a lower cost than competitors and they are more flexible to find the best agreement.