University of Johannesburg
University of Johannesburg attracts more students by offering a secure, mobile, interactive and collaborative e-learning experience.
- Country: South Africa
- Industry: Education
- Solution: Connected Solutions and Devices, Autonomous Network, Data Center, Unified Communications
The university was formally established in January 2005 and has four campuses spread over Central Gauteng with 49,000 full-time students and 5,800 permanent employees, and is one of the largest residential universities on the African continent.
It’s the value for money and the return on investment. If we look at comparisons, it’s much quicker to return and it’s an investment. I can sweat an asset for maybe 3 to 5 years. I’ve had the benefit of having a stable base to work from without needing to budget for replacements on a much more regular basis. So if times are tough you can sweat it a bit, if money becomes available you can grow it a bit.
University of Johannesburg Customer Video
- Availability – 24/7/365 uptime to be offered
- Needed a secure WiFi network spanning over all four campuses plus outside areas and student quarters, offering network collaboration and user experience as good as a physical network connection
- Resilience to cut back in case of failure
- Integration to 3rd party networks and open standards
- Cost effective solution compared to competition
- No loss of features at good cost
- Ease of central management and customer experience
Products & Solutions
- 8 Series IP Touch Phones
- OmniAccess Wireless Access Points
- OmniAccess Wireless LAN Switch
- OmniSwitch 6450
- OmniSwitch 6900
- OpenTouch Business Edition
- OpenTouch Customer Service
University of Johannesburg Short Case Study
This short case study describes how the University of Johannesburg attracted more students by offering a secure, mobile and collaborative e-learning experience.