Volusia County Government wanted to replace its dated infrastructure with a centralized and uniform communications solution.
- Country: United States Of America
- Industry: Government
- Solution: Business Telephony
Business Partner: Morse Communications, Inc
Volusia County is home to over 500,000 people with 47 miles of Atlantic Ocean beaches. Water sports are plentiful, and Volusia's oceanfront communities are famous for land sports, notably auto racing. The county’s racing tradition continues today at Daytona International Speedway, one of the world's finest racing facilities and the home of the world-famous Daytona 500.
- Centralization and use of one system across Volusia has greatly simplified management and maintenance, and reinforced the effectiveness of preventative maintenance.
- Built-in redundancy offers continuity in case of natural disasters, which are common in Florida.
- The solution includes call routing, replacing the complicated call routing configuration that spanned across the three legacy phone systems.
- Volusia now has one maintenance contract. Maintenance needs have been reduced and centralized, freeing staff to focus on value-added initiatives.
- Carrier costs were reduced by 20%, representing savings of over $100,000.
- The county has also cut re-cabling costs thanks to the implementation of VoIP.
- A uniform user experience is being delivered across the county, enabling staff to connect to deliver efficient, reliable public services.
- Internal calls are easier to make because of the online phonebook and QWERTY keyboards on the handsets.
- The auto attendant is the same throughout the county, ensuring a consistent user experience for external callers.