Digital transformation helps businesses improve the customer experience, increase employee efficiency and accelerate decision making.
Digital transformation is about using technology to improve the connected customer experience, increase employee efficiency and accelerate decision making. A recent survey, conducted by Wainhouse Research, of 334 professionals in IT and Marketing, revealed that 95% of the respondents claim to have completed or being in the process of digital transformation.
And, while every transformation starts with a strategy, it’s important to understand what’s actually driving companies to embark on a digital transformation. When asked, companies consistently listed the following among their top strategic drivers:
• Improve the customer experience
• Increase employee efficiency
• Encourage innovation
• Accelerate decision making
• Transform the business
4 Key recommendations
To help organizations stay headed in the right direction on their path toward digital transformation, we’ve come up with 4 key recommendations that we think are important to keep on the radar:
1. Plan to connect everything: The Internet of Things (IoT) is coming, and with it, a flood of demands on your enterprise network. Digital transformation will be essential to connect people, processes, and things - both inside and outside of the enterprise.
2. Deploy analytics to automate, understand and save: Gain valuable insights about your organization by mining and analyzing the vast amounts of data already available to your enterprise. Strategic initiatives to improve performance, roll out upgrades, and make infrastructure decisions can all be informed by real life, real-time data.
3. Embrace new business models: The path to digital transformation includes opportunities to rollout new business models such as “Freemium” software, and on-demand services such as Communications Platforms as a Service (CPaaS).
4. Choose a single, simple platform: While ecosystems can operate alongside each other, a single platform at the foundation of your communications infrastructure is one of the key benefits of a digital transformation.
Learn more about the Wainhouse Research and how Alcatel-Lucent Rainbow™ and CPaaS can help with your digital transformation and take your organization to the next level.
Augmented intelligence and IoT fingerprinting provide the tools network administrators need to optimize bandwidth and make better decisions.
Cloud solutions are transforming business models and opening doors to new economic models to pay for digital transformation.
Wi-Fi 6 delivers the experience your customers deserve with faster transfer speeds, better performance, a wider area of coverage and longer battery life.
802.11 ax is Wi-Fi 6, the next gen wireless network standard. Read about its benefits and listen to experts discussing it via a podcast.
The WPA3 security protocol used in Wi-FI 5 and Wi-Fi 6 access points can protect you from KRACK..
How digital mobility enables care givers to deliver improved patient care and outcomes, while also improving the overall experience for patients.