PROPHETE implemented a converged solution to increase bandwidth capability, support manufacturing processes, and simplify communications across sites.
- Country: Germany
- Industry: Manufacturing
- Solution: Business Telephony, Customer Service, Mobile Campus
Business Partner: Nachrichtentechnik Bielefeld
Headquartered in Rheda-Wiedenbrück, PROPHETE has produced and sold bicycles and bicycle accessories since 1908. The owner-managed family business builds high-quality and affordable bicycles, including children’s bikes, city bikes, trekking bikes and mountain bikes. It is one of Germany’s largest manufacturers of e-bikes. The bicycles are marketed via department stores, DIY stores, discount stores, and online retailers throughout Germany and Europe under two principal brands: PROPHETE and REX.
- OmniPCX Enterprise Communication Server
- OmniSwitch 6900 Stackable LAN Switch
- OmniAccess WLAN Access Points
- OmniAccess WLAN controller
- OmniVista 8770 Network Management System
- Alcatel-Lucent 4059 IP Attendant Console
- Alcatel-Lucent Visual Automated Attendant
- The new infrastructure supports PROPHETE’s bandwidth requirements while delivering superior network reliability.
- IT operations, network management, and configuration are simplified through the OmniVista 8770 centralized platform that provides added visibility.
- OmniAccess WLAN Controllers and Access Points have been upgraded to the latest technology to provide wider and more reliable wireless coverage.
- The future-proof solution assists PROPHETE in remaining an innovative market leader, today and tomorrow.
- Increasing the reachability of the call center and supporting statistical evaluation of all call center activities means better service and satisfied customers.
- The new ALE network provides enhanced mobile connectivity for all PROPHETE employees, from the high-end assembly workplace to the customer service center.
- The converged voice and data solution and customer service solution support the call center and ensure prompt customer service for callers.
- Employee productivity is enhanced thanks to greater mobility and simplified processes like the ability to login on the wired or wireless network with the same credentials.