Simplified Wi-Fi access and a resilient network deliver an improved user experience for UTS students, staff and guests.
- Country: Australia
- Industry: Education
- Solution: Data Center, Wireless Networking (WiFi)
The University of Technology Sydney (UTS), renowned for its technical course offering, was founded in 1988. With more than 35,000 students, 3,500 mployees, as well as academics, the campus consists of 10 buildings on its main site with additional facilities across Sydney.
- Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch® 10K Modular LAN Chassis
- Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch® 6900, 6860, 6850E Stackable LAN Switch
- Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch® 6855 Hardened LAN Switch
- Alcatel-Lucent OmniAccess® AP135, AP175, AP225, AP345
- Alcatel-Lucent OmniVista® 2500 Network Management System
- Alcatel-Lucent OmniVista® 3600 AirManager
- Fewer network outages and positive feedback from people visiting from other universities. And, with Clearpass, guest networking can be set up in a couple of minutes with no testing required.
- Shortest Path Bridging (SPB) ensures that if there is a problem in one building it does not affect another building. ALE infrastructure enables a move towards more virtual networking. It provides a scalable architecture to support more than 90% of the day-to-day activities UTS need to run.
- ALE provided the right port capacity at the right price. Similar products from other vendors were approximately 20% higher. As well the requirement to update equipment is less frequent, so lower cost and less frequent updates, even on a large campus, means cost savings.