Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise’s reputation and reasonably-priced, customized solution met CCAT’s interoperability and feature requirements.
- Country: United States Of America
- Industry: Services
- Solution: Data Center
Founded in 2004 and headquartered in East Hartford, the Connecticut Center for Advanced Technology, Inc. (CCAT) is a nonprofit organization that advances innovation in IT strategies, applied technologies, energy solutions, career development and STEM education.
CCAT delivers a full-range of enterprise-grade IT services including co-location, hosting, and applications services (VoIP, video) to hundreds of municipalities, schools, public libraries, government agencies, and nonprofits.
CCAT appreciated the guidance received from the Alcatel-Lucent presales engineers who helped to design the solution.
- OmniSwitch 6900 Stackable LAN Switch
- Data Center
- The Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch 6900 Stackable LAN Switch solution provides storage convergence through Internet Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI) thanks to support for lossless Ethernet.
- The solution is highly available due to the virtual chassis and a rapid failover to the alternate data center.
- Future growth can be accommodated by extending the virtual chassis with very high capacity switches.
- The solution requires very little maintenance, enabling CCAT to focus manpower and financial resources on its primary mission: offering IT services at the best possible price.
- The towns have access to enterprise-grade, reliable IT services and backups at unbeatable cost.
- Disaster recovery is included, giving users peace of mind.