Faced with a rising customer demand for higher availability of services, IDC Frontier deployed a shortest bridging path (SPB) solution reducing complexity and allowing for future expansion.
- Country: Japan
- Industry: Service Providers
- Solution: Data Center
IDC Frontier is a 100%-owned subsidiary of Yahoo Japan Corporation, with both data center and Cloud center businesses.
- OmniSwitch 6900
- Data Center
- The SPB architecture reduces complexity in the network and makes its simpler to use, maintain and grow.
- In the three years since it was installed the system has suffered no hardware failures.
- The network is scalable which avoids replacement costs and can accommodate new customers and services.
- With the new compact switches, IDC Frontier has saved on installation and operational expenses as well as electricity.
- The solution has reduced lead times for service delivery to customers.
- End-to-end redundancy ensures services will be maintained for customers, even in the event of a failure at one of the intermediate data centers or trunk lines.