Padri Barnabiti Zaccaria Institute
The Institute and students have new generation technical devices such as tablets, IP cameras, smartboards and IP fixed telephones.
- Country: Italy
- Industry: Education
- Solution: Unified Communications, Autonomous Network
Padri Barnabiti’s Zaccaria Institute in Milan has a history of educational excellence since the beginning of the 17th century.
It includes a Primary School, a Secondary School and a High School focusing on the Humanities, Science and Languages.
Appropriate wireless connectivity is essential to take full advantage of those equipments.
The Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise OmniAccess wireless solution for campus networks was evaluated and chosen by Zaccaria’s IT Deputy Directors, as the answer to the Institute’s needs.
- The institute needed a high performance wireless coverage to guarantee adequate connectivity adapted to the users’ needs.
- All services had to be available for personal mobile devices (BYOD).
- The network security had to be improved.
- Ability to automatically recognize users, devices and applications thanks to the connectivity permission.
- Reduced management complexity while ensuring the maximum level of safety.
- Easy integration of systems integrated in a second step, such as WiFi badges or DLNA standard protocols for video distribution and multimedia content.
- Digital innovation becomes the heart of the educational process by allowing a dynamic and collaborative sharing of knowledge.
Products & Solutions
- OmniAccess 100 Series
- ClearPass Policy Manager
- Mobile Campus
- Unified Communications
Padri Barnabiti's Zaccaria Institute's Success Story
This short case study describes how Zaccaria institute's new BYOD accessible network brought performance and security to the forefront of the educational proce…