Shady Side Academy adopted a simplified unified network to improve connectivity and support new in-class technologies, as well as the 1:1 BYOD initiative.
- Country: United States Of America
- Industry: Education
- Solution: Business Telephony
Shady Side Academy is one of the oldest independent schools in Western Pennsylvania. Shady Side enrolls more than 940 students in grades pre-kindergarten through 12 on three unique campuses: Senior, Middle and Junior schools, including a 7-day boarding option for Senior school students.
- OmniSwitch 6860E
- OmniSwitch 6900 Stackable LAN Switch
- Omni Access AP205,225,205H
- OmniVista 2500
- OmniVista 3600 Air Manager
- ClearPass Policy Manager
- Business Telephony
- The unified access network supports Aruba AirGroup feature which allows Shady Side to make full use of inexpensive classroom projection (e.g. AppleTV) with a high degree of control.
- The right sized OmniSwitch core network gives Shady Side great performance and high reliability, while remaining highly scalable.
- Ongoing maintenance costs were very high; the new solution offers a much more affordable alternative.
- The entire network was replaced within the school’s budget.
- The new network has allowed Shady Side to hire a full time staffer dedicated to classroom innovation, working with teachers to create a better and more innovative learning experience for students.