This article demonstrates how you can install the Rainbow Office softphone on your Windows computer.
• Windows 7 (or later)
• Minimum 2 GHz (32-bit or 64-bit) processor
• Minimum of 4 GB of memory (8 GB recommended)
• 400 MB of free hard drive space
• Required minimum screen resolution is 1024 x 768
IMPORTANT: Uninstall the previous version of the Rainbow Office softphone before installing the new version to reduce the issues that you will possibly encounter.
1. If you are signing in from rainbowoffice.com, click Login, then click Admin Portal. You will then be directed to the Sign In page. Enter your Rainbow Office credentials to sign in.
Go to https://service.rainbowoffice.com, then log in to your Rainbow Office account.
2. Go to More > Apps and Resources > Desktop Apps.
Note: If you are an Administrator, switch the interface view from Admin Portal to My Extension.
3. In the section Rainbow Office Phone Desktop app click Download for PC.
4. Download and save the file to your desired location.
5. Once the download is done, Run the installation file.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions until the installation is finished.
You may now log in to your Rainbow Office softphone.
NOTE: The Super Admin has the option to uncheck or restrict the Rainbow Office softphone for a User under the Permissions list. Access levels on the Rainbow Office softphone may vary depending on the Role assigned to a User. If the User DOES NOT have the option to download the Rainbow Office softphone, that means that the User is assigned to a Role with restricted access to the Rainbow Office softphone. The User must contact the Administrator to have permission to download the Rainbow Office softphone.