Phones ordered from Rainbow Office are pre-configured, fully provisioned, and ready for calls. Just plug phones into a high-speed internet connection to get started.
Recommended network setup
Follow these steps to set up your Rainbow Office desk phone for the first time.
Step 1. Test your internet connection bandwidth.
Use the following tests to make sure your internet has enough capacity to deliver high call quality.
● Capacity Test - This test will help you determine the maximum number of simultaneous VoIP calls that can be supported on your broadband connection
● VoIP Quality Test - This test will simulate VoIP calls between your computer and Rainbow Office and will provide an estimate of the voice quality you should expect when using our service
Step 2. Configure your modem.
Make sure that your modem is in IP pass-through or bridge mode. You can contact your Internet Service Provider for instructions.
Step 3. Configure your router.
Find your router and configure according to the instructions. You may need to purchase a new router if the one that you are currently using is not on the list.
Step 4. Plug in your phones.
● Attach the handset to your phone base using the coiled cord provided, if applicable
● If you are not using Power over Ethernet (PoE), connect your phone to the A/C adapter device
● Plug the Ethernet cable to the LAN or SW port on your phone
● Plug the other end of the Ethernet cable to your router or switch
● The phone will automatically download and run the provisioning configuration once it detects an internet connection
● Your phone will restart several times while provisioning. DO NOT unplug the cables from your phone during this process
How do I tell if my phone is Online?
You will know when your phone is online and properly provisioned by checking the following:
● When your phone is provisioned and online, it should display the date and time set on the extension where the phone is assigned to
● You can also check the phone's status through the Rainbow Office online account
This article provides information about the new EU Essentials offering of Rainbow Office.
This article provides basic troubleshooting steps for common issues on your IP Phone and steps to resolve issues specific to your phone model. The most common issues you might encounter with your IP Phones include the inability to place or receive calls, poor audio and call quality issues, and having the wrong date and time setting on your desk phone.
This article provides information about Spectralink Multi-Cell DECT devices that can be used as a Rainbow Office phone.
This article gives information on how Users set up Call Screening feature.
This article provides instructions on how admins and users can configure the Call Flip settings on the Rainbow Office online account.
This article provides instructions for Users on how to set up the User Greeting feature.