Hotspot tracking and contact tracing enables businesses to re-open while keeping employees and customers safe.
The global pandemic has impacted nations, communities and businesses around the world, in a variety of ways. It has affected millions of lives and has sent the economies of many countries into a downward spiral. The spread of the virus will begin to decrease with the introduction of vaccines, and businesses will slowly resume operations. As this unfolds it will be imperative that regulations defined by local health authorities are followed, to reduce the risk of further spread among employees, customers and local communities. We must all work together in this new normal – vendors, partners, employees, and customers – to leverage technology that can help prevent the spread.
While priorities may have shifted, it is crucial to ensure the safety of employees and business customers. Following local health authority regulations is a good start. However, you also need to have the tools to identify how employees and customers interact in real-time, and the ability to capture historical contact flow for analysis — if required.
Businesses need real-time density monitoring to manage the number of people in a specific area and enforce social distancing. They also need a hotspot tracking and contact tracing solution that can:
- Define an area to be monitored
- Identify the number of people in that area
- Enable notifications to relevant personnel based on specified criteria (for example; people moving beyond a boundary, or number of people entering or leaving an area)
- Use analytics to trace historical contact flow where necessary
Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise delivers hotspot tracking and contact tracing based on the Alcatel-Lucent OmniAccess® Stellar Asset Tracking solution which can enable businesses to re-open while keeping employees and customers safe. In addition to social distancing, wearing face coverings, regular hand washing and other recommended hygiene practices, hotspot tracking and contact tracing provides the necessary real-time capabilities and historical analytics to help reduce the spread of contagious diseases.
With these capabilities, businesses can:
- Implement a turnkey, cost-effective track and trace solution
- Rehire personnel, restart their business, and generate income
- Keep employees and customers safe and inspire confidence as they return to work
- Comply with the law to avoid closure
- Provide anonymous tracking where needed to comply with health authorities