Ville de La Tronche
The town of La Tronche modernized its communications facilities with Alcatel-Lucent voice and data solutions.
- Country: France
- Industry: Government
- Solution: Connected Solutions and Devices, Unified Communications, Autonomous Network, Data Center
The Ville de La Tronche, located in the Isère region, is a city known for its dynamism and innovation. It has 145 municipal employees in 12 remote sites.
In order to be closer to the citizens, the municipality embarked on a project to modernize its telecommunications facilities.
The council wanted a centralized solution compatible with different equipment already in place at its sites.
The Town of La Tronche turned to Alcatel-Lucent to modernize its Telephony, reduce its costs and ease the use of specific business activity softwares. A full IP solution has been chosen in order to standardize its equipment and enhance network performance.
Ville de la Tronche EN Customer Video
- IP Centralization for multi-site environment
- Redundant core network for connecting 10G network servers and installation of switches for distribution
- Access to the Unified Communications features: Videoconferencing, unique numbers, collaborative work on the OTBE platform
- The mini-switches are no longer needed for printers because they are connected to the PC ports
- The centralized management of servers reduces the cost by half for the operator, as there is only one phone subscription
- Operating costs have been decreased due to the passage from four to two switchboards following the introduction of softphones
- Employees’ productivity has been increased since the introduction of electronic directory and voicemail
- Customer service has also improved because there are almost no missed calls out of the 6000 incoming calls received each month
Products & Solutions
- OmniSwitch 6250
- OmniSwitch 6450
- OmniSwitch 6900
- OpenTouch Business Edition
Ville de la Tronche Success Story (English)
This short case study describes how Ville de la Tronche acquired a centralized solution to improve its employees' productivity and customer service department.